Browsing through my files to search for some inspiration what to talk to you about today, I did not search hard. A special report published in 2010 by the members of an online community of Vibrant Nation caught my attention.
Vibrant Nation was founded in 2007 as an online community where smart, successful women age 50+ share information, tips, and opinions about culture, fashion, books, spirituality, beauty, work, politics, and more. Today it has evolved into a Vibrant Nation’s Network of 1200+ influencers or marketing experts featuring men and women from every generation and lifestyle that is.
Highlights of the Special Report: Women 50+ Know This
Women 50+ Know:
- The best lines from their favorite books: Among the seven books cited, one stood out for me: Jesus for the Non-Religious, by John Shelby Spong.
Prejudice may serve your need to survive, but it will never serve your need to be whole, to be fully human. If you cannot escape these debilitating aspects of your frightened humanity and move beyond the boundaries of fear that cause you to build yourself up by tearing another down, you can never be fully human.
- How to share a home with an adult child: Members shared 10 sound insights; e.g. “Accept that you don’t have to love everything about your adult child” or “Help them formulate a plan for independence” with more in-depth suggestions how to best handle it.
- The best lotions for dry skin: Women shared a variety of Lotions they like and why; e.g. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion – “I like Cetaphil lotion and cleanser. It was dermatologist recommended. Have tried expensive brands and I’ve learned that keeping it simple and inexpensive works best for me.”
- Great sex after 50: “[At 67], he is the most generous lover I have ever known,” “I am awestruck at the amazing love life we now share. I thought this was all over.” And many stories added.
- How to make their passion for “giving back” a career: “Ease away from materialism and stop holding onto stuff!” “What I love most, though, is seeing how what we’re doing has made a difference in someone’s life.” And much more.
- How to deal with divorce after a longtime marriage: “Be not afraid to take the leap.” “Reconnect with your soul.” “Know that it’s better to be alone than with the wrong person.” “Take time to grieve.” And more.
- The spiritual self: “The connection with a ‘higher power or being’ is very intimate and peaceful. Finding a place inside yourself where you can be totally peaceful is something that you need for your total health.” “Sometimes our words get in the way of our hearts.” And more, some powerful insights.
This is only a glimpse of the wealth of wisdom women like you and me shared. Though it was published in 2010, such insights of women remain timeless.
Though this report is no longer available online, if you feel stimulated and like to read the full report, I like to share a copy for you to download: Women50PlusKnowThis
Additional Articles I recommend
I was impressed by the quality of featured posts on the Vibrant Nation site such as: Divorce, Boomer-Style, and What it Means for You which cites and analyzes population statistics and trends of authentic data such as The Pew Research Center.
Or, the article: The Mother of All Influencers in which they cite their own study and found that mothers have a significant influence on purchases made by their children of every age, regardless of whether they’re shopping for fashion, entertainment, food & drinks, or technology and examine why that is. Of course, it is not surprising.
I hope you enjoyed the highlights of this Special Report: Women 50 + Know This! (Because they do!)
Here is the download link again: Women50PlusKnowThis